Want to be certified to teach yoga to children, but prefer to do it from home in your own time? The Kids & Yoga!™ Spirit of Yoga! training with its virtual studio, interactive approach, and flexible timeline is perfect for you!
Contact Cristin now to join the next group!
- The Approach: Align with Your Inner Teacher, Find Your Teaching Flow
- The Perspective: Possibility for Every Imperfectly Perfect Child
- The Experience: Enhance Yourself First to Educate Each Child
- The Fundamentals: Tuning In, Warm Ups, Breathwork, Postures, Mudras, Meditation, Celestial Communication, Relaxation, Closing Class
- The Tool Kit: Top Tricks, Tips & Treats for Kids
- The Expertise: (you choose)
- Baby Yoga
- Yoga for 2-4 Year Olds
- Yoga for 5-10 Year Olds
- Special Needs
- Yoga for Schools
- Private Classes
- Birthday Parties
- Yoga Camps
- The Classes: Seven Creative Class Creation Techniques
- The Fun Stuff: Yogic Food, Yoga Games, Yoga Songs, Partner Yoga, Yoga Parties
- The Connections: Connect, Protect, Respect -
Yoga for Environmental Education & Earth/Ecology Consciousness
- The Keys: Mindfulness, Sensory Integration, Non-Violent Communication, Conscious Discipline, Yogic Eating (& Childhood Health Epidemics)
- The Business: Keeping Busy with Your Yoga Business
- The Start: Supported Steps to Assure Success
- The Teaching: Taking Time to Test Your Training
Co-create your own certification process, join interactive webinars, a private Facebook group and receive coaching calls and emails throughout, get started teaching, and receive a Certificate of Completion. The training does not have a specific length of time; you can complete it on your own time, doing module-by-module, as you like.
The program is fun, dynamic and flexible, as well as holds the intention of enhancing your experience so you can find your own way as a children's yoga teacher, using your voice, best talents and your gifts. It is tranformational, challenging and requires self-discovery and commitment. Some training requirements are: reading assignments, personal daily yoga practice and journaling, taking adult yoga classes from varied teachers and assessing their teaching, observing children's classes or activities and assess the leader's approach with children, reading on relevant topics and writing, creating a 6-week yoga curriculum and offering it to children with a self-assessment of how it went (including parent and child feedback) and more!
Materials included in tuition are: an in-depth training manual, coaching calls, 12 teleconference meetings offered on a rotating basis, online community of support, and email/Zoom support.
Regarding your areas of "Expertise" (bullets above), you choose what you want to specialize in for age groups, special needs and/or yoga for schools, as you like. This means you can train in all areas, or just choose the ones you want to focus on now. For example, a preschool teacher may want to specialize in "Yoga for 2-4 Year Olds" now. If later, she wants to add another expertise area, then she can do that any time in future (at no additional cost).
Yoga Alliance (U.S.-based international organization) has standards for training and certification as children's yoga teachers RCYT (Registered Children's Yoga Teacher). We want this program to fit into those standards, which will bring even more credibility as a teacher. It is being researched if this distance-learning program can be included.
When you complete the program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion and can say in your biography that you are certified to teach yoga to children through the Kids & Yoga! Spirit of Yoga! International Teacher Training certification program.
Questions? Reach Cristin at: email@example.com